Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Caliwater: Cactus Water for pretty skin



Photo: @PSbeautyqueen

As you ladies know, I'm all about taking care of my skin. Luckily, I've always have pretty decent looking skin but I've definitely learned that the older I get, the harder it is to keep my skin hydrated. I'm a big fan of creams and moisturizers and drinking tons of water to keep skin healthy but when I started reading about the benefits of Caliwater, I absolutely had to try it out. 

This fruit is definitely super ♥

Caliwater is cactus water made from prickly pear cactus fruits. It is the only fruit that contains all 24 known betalains which are powerful antioxidants known to revitalize, hydrate, and revive skin. This prickly pear superfruit is also packed full of nutrients and electrolytes that are vital for replenishing the body and keeping it well hydrated. I was pretty much sold on the skin benefits but prickly pear can also help with detoxing and body cleansing, reducing eye puffiness, curbing muscle damage from workouts, and even helping hangovers.

If that wasn't enough to make you want to try it out (I was sold at revive skin lol), it is 100% natural, only has 35 calories per serving, and is low in sugar. It is also gluten-free, vegan, contains zero fat, no preservatives and is certified OU Kosher.

 Ooh...it's tasty.

I know by now your probably thinking that anything this good for you certainly can't taste any good. But it does. It's actually really, really good. It tastes like water but slightly earthy and lightly flavored with berries. It also kind of resembles the taste of a kiwi fruit. It is definitely something I could drink on a regular basis. And by drink, I mean drink and enjoy it. It is extremely refreshing and will seriously quench your thirst in seconds.

Delightful refreshment

I chilled mine before drinking it (which is recommended) and I drank them in place of my mid-morning iced-tea. I was pretty excited about that because one 11.2 oz box of the Caliwater has only 9 grams of sugar and I like my iced tea so sweet, it probably has about 9 grams of sugar in each sip. So, the fact that I could actually replace my tea with the Caliwater and still be happy about it was quite surprising. I will definitely be purchasing some on my next shopping trip. I only had a couple cartons to sample so I can't really say if it had any big effect on my skin however, I will definitely keep you posted and let you know if I have any noticeable results in the future.

Get some Caliwater

Caliwater is available at Whole Foods, Alfalfas and King Soopers stores in Colorado, Utah and New Mexico, as well as on Amazon.com. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment or suggestion? We would love to hear it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...