Thursday, October 29, 2015

Beauty Food: Healthy Halloween treats from Chef Anthony Stewart

Even though I'm not much of a fan of the colder weather, I do have to admit that I absolutely love Halloween. It's the one time of year I can wear my normal daily makeup and people don't ask "what I'm all dressed up for," and treats. Mmmm...treats. I'm not even going to lie, I have a major sweet tooth which is so not cool when you are a beauty food believer like me. I'm constantly torn. But...after learning that 4% of all candy eaten in the U.S. occurs on Halloween night, making the average trick-or-treater’s bag of candy equivalent to 4,800 calories and 3 cups of sugar, I think that pretty much makes up my mind on what I will be snacking on this Halloween. 

Here are some healthy and absolutely delicious treats you can make for the whole family to enjoy. These treats were created by Chef Anthony Stewart, Executive Chef from Pritikin Longevity Center + Spa in Miami. 

Candy Corn Fruit Cup



Excellent for a Halloween party or for a dessert any time of the year. It’s healthy, sweet, tangy, and oh-so-easy to put together.
Servings: 4
Ingredients:
2 cups mango cubes
2 cups clementine segments
2 cups fat-free, plain Greek yogurt
Top with zest of clementine

Chocolate Jack O’Lantern



For spooky, chocolatey fun, carve out oranges and fill with Pritikin’s Chocolate Mousse.

Servings: 5 half-cup servings
Ingredients:
1/4 cup water cold
1/2 cup cocoa powder unsweetened
1/4 cup Splenda granulated
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
12 ounces tofu silken, extra-firm
Instructions:
In a medium saucepan, add water and warm over low heat, bringing to a low simmer.
Add cocoa powder to saucepan, stirring constantly until the mixture becomes a fudge-like consistency.
Remove from heat.
Add Splenda to fudge, mixing well. Add vanilla extract, mixing well.
In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, add tofu and chocolate fudge mixture. Process until mixture is smooth and creamy. 


Pritikin Halloween Kabobs



SO easy! Simply skewer cantaloupe cubes and blackberries.

Disclosure: No compensation was provided for this post. We're simply sharing fab things with our readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment or suggestion? We would love to hear it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...